Founder / CEO
Kansai Electric Power Co., Inc.
- Involved in physical LNG and power trading.
- Founding member of the company’s Power Asset Optimization and Trading Desk.
US-based commodity trading firm
- Worked as a power trader for America’s PJM and ERCOT in the area of speculative trading of physical power and financial products.
- One of only a few Japanese individuals to have experience in power trading in the US market.
The Boston Consulting Group K.K
- Project Leader, Tokyo Office.
- As a core member of Energy practice areas, has provided consulting services to mainly power, city gas and petroleum wholesalers in the areas of M&A support, the development of trading strategies, building risk management systems and formulating DX strategies.
- Awarded MVP, Professional Excellence Award 2018, BCG Japan.
- MBA, Wharton School, The University of Pennsylvania
- Bachelor of Economy, The University of Tokyo
Senior Vice President and COO / Head of Broking Desk
- Involved in physical trading of crude oil and petroleum products in the US, Europe and Asia as a member of the energy arm of Japanese trading house, Kanematsu Corporation.
- Launch member of the Japan office in 2000 of Amerex Energy, one of the few commodity brokers in Japan.
- Leading commodity broker with twenty years of experience at the company, where he drove the company’s petroleum product business as a general manager of the sales department.
- After the Japanese power market deregulation in 2016, was responsible for launching, from scratch, a power broking desk at the company in 2018, and within the space of one year had closed deals with dozens of large companies.
- Bachelor of Engineering, Waseda University